HCU Network America and HCU Network Australia are currently calling for Expressions of Interest (EOI) for:
- New therapies to treat classical homocystinuria and remethylation disorders by exploring novel mechanisms to obtain proof of concept to enable progression to clinical trials
- Technologies to improve early detection of classical homocystinuria and remethylation disorders, particularly via primary markers for newborn screening
Research Grant awards are up to $40,000 USD though exceptional applications may be funded at a higher amount if the budget request is justified. Research Grants support projects to produce proof of concept that would facilitate more substantial funding from federal agencies, foundations or corporations.
- EOI deadline for submission: August 31, 2021
- Notification of successful EOI: October 15, 2021
- Deadline for full applications: December 15, 2021
- Funding decisions will be made by April 15, 2022
How to apply for a Research Grant:
Download the Expression of Interest instructions here for information.
EOIs will be reviewed by the Scientific Advisory Board, in consultation with HCU Network America and HCU Network Australia, and applicants will be notified by October 15, 2021 if they are invited to submit a full application.
Full applications are due by December 15, 2021 and will subsequently be reviewed by our Scientific Advisory Board. HCU Network America and HCU Network Australia Board of Directors will make the final funding decision on each grant application taking into consideration the advice of the Scientific Advisory Board and direct donor input.