HCU Network Australia and HCU Network America are currently calling for Expressions of Interest (EOI) for:
- Research Grants which provide funding for technologies to improve newborn screening for homocystinurias through measuring total homocysteine as a primary marker in the NBS card; and
- Research Grants which provide funding for potential new therapies to treat homocystinuria caused by cystathionine beta synthase deficiency.
Research Grants support innovative seed or pilot projects to produce preliminary data that would facilitate more substantial funding from federal agencies, foundations or corporations. Research Grant awards are up to US $40,000, which will be co-funded by HCU Network America and HCU Network Australia.
- EOI deadline for the submission: May 15, 2019
- Notification of successful EOI: June 30, 2019
- Deadline for full applications: September 15, 2019
- Funding decisions will be made in December 31, 2019
How to apply for a Research grant:
Download full Expression of Interest instructions here.
EOIs will be reviewed by the Scientific Advisory Board, in consultation with HCU Network Australia and HCU Network America, and applicants will be notified by May 15, 2019 if they are invited to submit a full application.
Full applications will be due by September 15, 2019, and will subsequently be reviewed by our Scientific Advisory Board. HCU Network Australia and HCU Network America Board of Directors will make the final funding decision on each grant application taking into consideration the advice of the Scientific Advisory Board and direct donor input.