2018 CBS deficiency Research Grants
HCU Network Australia and HCU Network America are currently calling for Expressions of Interest (EOI) for:
- Research Grants which provide funding for technologies to improve newborn screening (and potentially also aid in ongoing monitoring or screening of undiagnosed older individuals); and
- Research Grants which provide funding for potential new therapies to treat homocystinuria caused by cystathionine beta synthase deficiency (with the ability to treat elevated homocysteine caused by methylation disorders and cobalamin deficiencies an added benefit).
Research Grants support innovative seed or pilot projects to produce preliminary data that would facilitate more substantial funding from federal agencies, foundations or corporations. Research Grant awards are up to AUD $40,000 (HCU Network Australia) and/or US $40,000 (HCU Network America). All applications submitted will be considered for funding by both organizations, though it is unlikely the same application would receive funding by both.
- EOI deadline for the submission: 15 January 2018
- Notification of successful EOI: 1 March 2018
- Deadline for full applications: 1 May 2018
- Funding decisions will be made in June 2018
How to apply for a Research grant:
Download full Expression of Interest instructions here.
EOIs will be reviewed by the Scientific Advisory Board, in consultation with HCU Network Australia and HCU Network America, and applicants will be notified by March 1, 2018 if they are invited to submit a full application.
Full applications will be due by May 1, 2018, and will subsequently be reviewed by our Scientific Advisory Board. HCU Network Australia and HCU Network America Board of Directors will make the final funding decision on each grant application taking into consideration the advice of the Scientific Advisory Board and direct donor input.