HCU Network Australia and HCU Network America are currently calling for Expressions of Interest (EOI) for:
- Research Grants which provide funding for technologies to improve newborn screening for homocystinurias through measuring total homocysteine as a primary marker in the NBS card; and
- Research Grants which provide funding for potential new therapies to treat homocystinuria caused by cystathionine beta synthase deficiency.
Research Grants support innovative seed or pilot projects to produce preliminary data that would facilitate more substantial funding from federal agencies, foundations or corporations. Research Grant awards are up to US $40,000, which will be co-funded by HCU Network America and HCU Network Australia.
Timing for next ground of grants to be announced by fourth quarter 2020
- EOI deadline for the submission: TBD
- Notification of successful EOI: TBD
- Deadline for full applications: TBD
- Funding decisions will be made in TBD
How to apply for a Research grant:
Download full Expression of Interest instructions here.
EOIs will be reviewed by the Scientific Advisory Board, in consultation with HCU Network Australia and HCU Network America, and applicants will be notified by Date TBD if they are invited to submit a full application.
Full applications will be due by Date TBD, and will subsequently be reviewed by our Scientific Advisory Board. HCU Network Australia and HCU Network America Board of Directors will make the final funding decision on each grant application taking into consideration the advice of the Scientific Advisory Board and direct donor input.